Some people remember many of their dreams while others barely remember any. Some research suggests there may be biochemical reasons for the differences in dream recall. If you want to improve your dream recall, try these techniques.
- As you go to sleep, remind yourself you want to remember your dreams.
- Keep a notebook and pen beside your bed to record your dreams.
- If you wake from a dream in the night, write it down. If you wait until morning, you have less chance of remembering it.
- In the morning, before getting up, focus on remembering any dreams and write them down.
- If you only remember fragments, write them down. Over time you should recall more details.
Persistence is essential. It can take a while to improve your dream recall.